The NetBeans IDE is a free, open-source Integrated Development Environment for software developers. You get all the tools you need to create professional desktop, enterprise, web and mobile applications, in Java, C/C++ and even Ruby. The IDE runs on many platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris; it is easy to install and use straight out of the Box.
- Easy-To-Use Java Gui Builder
- Create professional-looking Java GUIs by placing and aligning components on a canvas.
- Visual Web and Java EE Development
- Build standards-based web applications visually using Ajax, CSS, and JSF. Full set of tools for EJB development.
- Visual Mobile Development
-Create, test and debug GUI applications that run on mobile phones, set-top boxes, and PDAs.
- Separate software design from implementation with UML Modeling.
- Ruby and Rails Support
- Powerful Ruby editor (with code completion), debugger, and full support for Rails. Includes the jRuby runtime.
- C and C++ Development
- Full-featured C/C++ editor, debugger, project templates, and support for multiple project configurations
* Bug fixes in the installer for OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10
* Bug fixes included in Patches 1, 1.1, 2 for NetBeans IDE 8.0 and Patches 1.1, 2 for NetBeans IDE 8.0.1
* Improvements in Java SE 8 embedded support
* Enhanced support for JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition 7
* Bug fixes in the debugging and version control systems areas